[yt-dev] gdf frontend and standards in tension?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 07:19:20 PST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 10:15 AM, j s oishi <jsoishi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Sure, but I guess my bigger question was: why does yt expect this to be a 2D
> array?

Historical reasons we should discard.  All the arrays in the original
Enzo frontend were 2D where one dimension might be of size 1.

That being said, we should revisit this now that we better support
multiple particle species.  So it should be changed now, but perhaps
in the future fixed.  An easy way to fix it is to have the GDF reader
*fill* an array rather than create one; this is what we do elsewhere.

some_array[:,0] = other_array[:]