[yt-dev] Orientation, coordinate systems

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:45:32 PST 2014

I agree with Nathan.  I filed a bug to this effect a few weeks ago
demonstrating that one gets different orientations (transposes) out of the
volume rendering infrastructure than out of the Projection infrastructure
with the same inputs.  This is very confusing and I think should be
remedied.  Good call, Matt.

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:38 AM, John ZuHone <jzuhone at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2014, at 1:35 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  To clarify further: I'd ideally like to see these two function calls
> produce identical plots:
>
> ProjectionPlot(pf, 2, 'Density')
> OffAxisProjectionPlot(pf, [0,0,1], 'Density')
>
> without having to specify a north_vector by hand for the second plot.
>

> This is my biggest reason for wanting to see this fixed.

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher
Steward Observatory
University of Arizona