[yt-dev] Merging the unit refactor

John Zuhone jzuhone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:21:16 PST 2014

I guess I see both sides of this. Part of me wants to say that we
should mark a "stable-ish" alpha/beta/wherever we are version of 3.0
right before the unit refactoring, and encourage people who use 3.0
already to stop there for now. I suppose the objection to this is what
happens when bugs in that version are found, but we also have to think
about fixing potentially any bug now in light of the new units
functionality. I'm not myself going to be doing any development from
this point that doesn't assume the new field system and units, so I
don't have to change it later.

However, I am not particularly religious on what direction we should
go with this, so count me as a solid 0.