[yt-dev] new features in development: halo analysis

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 07:43:10 PST 2014

Hi all,

In case you are not getting the notifications for PRs to the YTEPs, I
wanted to draw your attention to an update I just made to YTEP 0012, which
proposes a new halo analysis framework to be built in yt-3.0.  You can view
that here:
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/ytep/pull-request/33/updating-ytep-0012-halo-analysis-redesign

A good amount of work has been done on what will be a complete redesign of
how we analyze halos en masse with yt.  In other words, this will take the
place of the HaloProfiler and become something much greater.  The YTEP
details most of this, but if you wish to check out the source, it is in my
fork (https://bitbucket.org/brittonsmith/yt/) in the "ytep0012" bookmark.
 The framework is moderately functional at the moment as I am developing it
in support of my current astro research.  That said, since I am developing
with an eye toward my own work, I might not have time to flesh out
functionality that I currently don't need for a while.  If anyone is
interested in using or working on this, please do get involved.  For now,
the easiest way will probably be to fork my fork and issue PRs.

One additional note, this work is being done within the new unit refactor,
so some other infrastructure things may appear quite different to those
unfamiliar with that work.

Anyway, please don't hesitate to contact me or this list if you want to get
involved.  Any and all help/feedback is welcome!

Britton