[yt-dev] Loading data in spherical polar coordinates

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 16:47:48 PST 2014

There are some potentially-helpful commands in "math_utils.py", although
they aren't loaded by default into the api when you "from yt.mods import
*", so you'll have to load them individually.

go to yt-i386/src/yt-hg/yt/utilities/math_utils.py and poke around.

You can load them as per:

import yt.utilities.math_utilities as mu
mu.get_sph_phi()   # or whatever command in math_utilities.py

There is some documentation in line in the code, which may provide help,
but it isn't comprehensive so if you have any questions, please write to
the list.

Cameron

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Mani Chandra <mc0710 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have data which is in spherical polar coordinates, so basically rho(r,
> theta, phi) and I can't seem to find an appropriate interface in yt to load
> the data with. Is there a function that can do that?
>
> If not, is there a function that takes in as an argument the (x,y,z)
> coordinate for each data point that I want to plot? i.e. take in as an
> argument, a 3D array which is the full grid. The current interface only
> seems to take in the bounding box.
>
> Thanks,
> Mani

Cameron Hummels