[yt-dev] RFC: Remove DD0010, DD0000 and tests/

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:08:16 PST 2014

Hi all,

My understanding is that we don't use the tests/ directory anymore,
ever.  It serves the purpose of having an example of writing your own
answer test runner, but we don't use it for that, either.
Additionally, we have the DD0010 and DD0000 datasets in there.  These
aren't *big*, but they are kind of pointless.

Proposals:

1) Remove all *.py files from this directory, as we do not use them
and our tests are elsewhere
2) Remove DD0010 since we have lots of examples on yt-project.org/data/ .