[yt-dev] Issue #962: Unit warnings and errors should reference locations higher on the stack (yt_analysis/yt)

Nathan Goldbaum issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Dec 17 23:13:29 PST 2014

New issue 962: Unit warnings and errors should reference locations higher on the stack
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/962/unit-warnings-and-errors-should-reference

Nathan Goldbaum:

Warnings like these aren't useful:

![Untitled.png](https://bitbucket.org/repo/BXbAb/images/3161691190-Untitled.png)

These warnings are happening when we invoke numpy on the array data - normally these warnings would be issued wherever we are manipulating numpy arrays elsewhere, but since we access numpy indireactly via YTArray, the warnings show up as function calls in YTArray.

We should be doing these superclass calls in try/except blocks to catch the warnings and if they happen manipulate them so the warning corresponds to a useful place in the call stack - probably a call or two higher.

Responsible: ngoldbaum