[yt-dev] RFC: YTEP-0021 for unstructured mesh

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 18:18:03 PST 2014

Hi all,

I've issued a pull request for an early pass at defining how to handle
unstructured mesh data.

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/ytep/pull-request/47/adding-ytep-0021-for-unstructured-mesh

I would really, really appreciate any feedback.  If the YTEP as written is
too opaque or poorly organized, feel free to leave suggestions.  If there
are spots where I've completely missed something or sidestepped it without
digging int, that would be extremely useful, too.  As I note in the
alternative implementation area, I'm not sure I got the namespacing right,
and I'm not sure that the way I've thought about the data and how
individuals would want to interact with it is right, either, but I did try
to think though how *I'd* want to interact with it.

Also, as I mentioned in the PR, I think this could be a gateway to
improving support for particle/discrete data too.