[yt-dev] yt 3.1 release

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:11:57 PST 2014

Hi all,

We have a working docs build, yay!! Even better, it now only takes an hour
and 20 minutes to finish due to the new parallel reading capabilities in
sphinx 1.3!

The build is here:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/

It would be great to get eyes on it, especially with an eye towards broken
formatting, typos and bugs in example scripts.

Now that the docs build is working, I think we're in shape to do a release.
There will still probably be bugfixes doc fixes, and performance
improvements incoming, but I don't think we should merge in any new
features until we do the release.

There are also some open pull requests, it would be great if we got eyes on
them and started merging them in.  We had tests shut off for a little while
the other day while we resolved issues with the docs build, so if you
notice a PR where tests weren't run, poke me or kacper and we can trigger a
new build.

We could probably also do an official release candidate, but I'm not sure
how useful that will be given our normal distribution channels.

What do you all think about cutting a release Monday Dec. 15?

-Nathan