[yt-dev] let's talk about Governance

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 13:18:38 PDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to emphasize that the initial list of members Britton came up
> with (as he noted in the proposal) is only an *initial* list, and will
> hopefully very quickly expand to include less active "developers" who
> are nonetheless embedded in the community.
>
> -Matt

And this is why I think we need a list of people who are regarded as "core"
developers, to differentiate them from the what will likely be a very large
list of "members".  Right now from a professional standpoint, there is very
little benefit from contributing to the code base, in that very few people
recognize your contributions (ie a handful of other developers).  Aside
from a list of core developers that are highlighted on the webpage, or
having a new yt paper come out, I don't see any other way in which this can
be remedied.  Perhaps others have ideas?

> > Brian
> >

> > On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Britton Smith <brittonsmith at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> HI Brian,
> >>
> >> I couldn't agree more on having a documentation representative present
> at
> >> team meetings.  In fact, I think this was even in my original draft,
> but I
> >> somehow lost track of it.  Thanks for bringing it up.  I will get that
> back
> >> in there.  A community representative is also a good idea, but I'm less
> sure
> >> how that role would be filled.  If anyone has any thoughts on that,
> please
> >> do share.  If it can't be figured out before the YTEP is accepted, we
> can
> >> definitely amend it.  Thanks, Brian!
> >>
> >> Britton

> Given