[yt-dev] Website redesign feedback

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 18:35:13 PDT 2013

"Ah, I agree about the doc link; not sure about the other two. What about
switching blog to being under Quick Links and replacing it with a link to
the latest stable docs? I don't think a search box will quite work on the
toolbar."

- Doc would be my first choice, too.  Search is within the doc so it would
be just one step away, and usually I wouldn't know what to search for until
after I looked at the Docs, so not having search at the beginning is fine.

"Where should the colors be changed? I do want to brighten the text a bit,
but can you suggest other places?"

- I just thought the color template of the Docs looks pretty nice, kind of
similar to python/numpy etc, but I also understand the need for the black
background since we're doing astro, but some addition of bright colors
would help "lighten" the mood (pun intended), so maybe use a brighter shade
of grey for the text, and/or color coded section label.  But I also noticed
my laptop brightness wasn't turned all the way up, so at max brightness it
is not as gloomy as I thought before.

From
G.S.