[yt-dev] Current status of Conda?

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 08:02:37 PDT 2013

On 27.09.2013 15:28, Matthew Turk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The get_yt.sh script is now in the repository.
>
> If a few people could test it, that would be super helpful.
>
> But I think Kacper has also been doing some really cool work on
> getting buildbots set up for binary builds.  Kacper, is there a way to
> test that out?  Or is it premature?

Hi,
it's still a bit early, but things gradually get better ;)
What we aim for is to allow for simple installation of binary version of
yt. Assuming you have conda already installed, all you'd have to do
would boil down to:

 $ conda create -n pyyt yt -c http://tinyurl.com/yt-conda
--override-channels

It *won't* work just yet, as I haven't finished preparing the
dependencies. However you can try installing python + some libs (linux
only):

 $ conda create -n pyyt python -c http://tinyurl.com/yt-conda
--override-channels
 $ source activate pyyt

hdf5, libpng etc are already there, so you could check if you're able to
link to them. I'll keep you posted if there are any significant updates.

Cheers,
Kacper