[yt-dev] Website redesign feedback

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 09:30:43 PDT 2013

All of the links to the docs on the page link to yt-project.org/doc instead
of yt-project.org/docs.  I forked and cloned and started making the
necessary changes, but it seems like recently the doc hierarchy structure
has changed slightly on the yt-project.org site.  Where once the latest
stable version of the docs was simply: yt-project.org/docs/ , it is now at
yt-project.org/docs/2.5 (along with 2.4, 2.3, dev, etc).

I like this new organization better, as it makes old docs accessible, but
it leaves us in a slight bind.  Rather than tie ourselves into hard links
to pages from that version on the website (like linking the 2.5 install
page, or the 2.5 help page, or whatever), which will each need to be
changed at every new stable release, would it be possible to just have a
symbolic link in the yt-project.org/docs directory called latest_stable
that points to the latest stable version directory?  That way, all of the
hard links on the webpage can just point to that link and won't need to be
changed at every new release.

If that is done, I can go ahead and make all of the relevant doc link
changes in the website.

Let me know what you think.

Cameron

--