[yt-dev] cython debugging?

Chris Malone chris.m.malone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 18:32:11 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to extract some data for a surface, but am getting a segfault in
the `YTSurfaceBase.get_data` method - probably the same thing as this [1]
yt issue.  I've tracked it down to the `FillTriangleValues` call in
`march_cubes_grid` with a combination of pdb and gdb.  I can't figure out
what is wrong, however, because all the variable values are optimized out.

So my question:  anyone know how to re-run setup.py and turn on debugging
flags for cython code?

I've found information about cygdb, which would probably be easier than
pdb+gdb.  Their documentation says to rebuild with the --pyrex-gdb flag to
setup.py, but that doesn't seem to be recognized by setuptools.  Other
webpages say to set the "-g" or "--cython-gdb" flags, but those also do not
work.

Chris

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/633/vertices-not-correctly-created-in-surface