[yt-dev] Best way to share BCs for the kD-tree?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:29:37 PST 2013

Hi all, especially Sam,

Is there a good way to share boundary conditions between nodes of the
kD-tree?  I'm particularly interested in either speeding up vertex
value generation or storing an additional layer of values that
correspond to (expensive to compute) values on other processors, for
the purposes of the contour finder.

Basically, I think we can parallelize the contour finder in yt-3.0 PR
120 if we can share boundary conditions between processors.  But, I'm
not sure how to do that.  Alternately, if we could double-count
boundary nodes between processors, that would work as well.  For
instance, if processors 1 has a tile that borders a tile from
processor 4, that tile would be "owned" by 4 but would be replicated
on 1.

Any ideas?