[yt-dev] proposal to merge yt-3.0 development into main repo

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:13:12 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Britton Smith <brittonsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, cool.  I think we have a consensus that this should happen at some
> point.  Matt, I am in favor of your idea to unify first, another alpha
> release, and then pulling in those two big changes only when they're ready.
> I think the sooner we get active yt-3.0 development in the main repo, the
> sooner others will get involved.
>
> I think we should still allow PRs to the yt branch for a while still, but
> only for bug fixes and such.  We should encourage all new features to go
> into yt-3.0 from here on out.  I would propose that when we do an official
> release of yt-3.0, we merge yt-3.0 into the yt branch.
>
> So, in conclusion, should we do this?

Yes!  I'd also like to solicit some comments on this YTEP:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/ytep/pull-request/29/adding-a-ytep-3000-for-when-we-should-move

I'm fine with pushing the yt-3.0 branch as of right now over to the
main repo, and then closing off the yt-3.0 repo as soon as the
outstanding PRs are either finished or moved over.

-Matt