[yt-dev] Kill logging in the notebook?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue May 21 06:15:40 PDT 2013

Hi Nathan,

I'm strongly -1 on disabling logging.  Nearly all IO has been pushed
into the logging module -- offhand, all I can think of that doesn't go
through logging is the stuff in various C routines, like the halo
finder.

Having a different level of logging is interesting, but I think
instead of focusing on that we should evaluate what goes into "info"
that should go into "debug".  Pushing for less verbosity by default
overall I think would be a good goal, but it's not clear to me that
disabling all but "warning" and "error" is the right move for the
notebook.

-Matt