[yt-dev] Units sprint

Casey W. Stark caseywstark at gmail.com
Mon May 6 12:00:39 PDT 2013

Hey yt.

Just giving an update on the sprint.

Nathan and I mainly worked on the units YTEP,
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/ytep/pull-request/16/ytep-0011-improvements/diff
(new
version not in readthedocs yet) and some implementation.

We have several coupled projects ongoing in my fork (
https://bitbucket.org/caseywstark/yt-3.0). First, there's the 3.0 field
renaming (see https://ytep.readthedocs.org/en/latest/YTEPs/YTEP-0003.html).
This touches universal_fields, frontends, and any reference to field names
in analysis modules. Then there's the unit work which is probably most of
the work. Nathan and I are finishing off the implementation and adding many
tests. Finally, I'm writing a YTEP for simplifying native vs. derived
fields, something that was really enabled by the units work. I will start
another thread once that's review-ready.

- Casey