[yt-dev] Release of yt-2.5.2

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed May 1 04:25:28 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We're proud to release yt version 2.5.2.  This is a scheduled point
release that includes all bug fixes identified and fixed since the
release of 2.5.1 on April 1.

Changes and bug fixes include:

  * Upgrades to most of the dependencies in the install script
  * Speed improvements to ellipsoidal particle detection
  * Updates to FLASH fields
  * CASTRO frontend bug fixes
  * Fisheye camera bug fixes
  * ProjectionPlot now accepts a data_source keyword argument
  * Answer testing now includes plot window answer testing
  * Athena data serialization

If you are using the stable branch of yt from an installation script,
you can upgrade using "yt update" or "yt update --all" to upgrade your
full dependency stack.  If you are using the development branch, you
may already have these fixes.  A tarball of this release has been
uploaded to the Python Package Index (PyPI), although due to user
error (me) it includes the Cython sources instead of the C sources for
the generated code.  Oops.

Thanks very much,

Matt, on behalf of the yt development team