[yt-dev] Good benchmark?

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:38:04 PST 2013

I think in terms of providing a test for the cluster, the benchmark should
not require the shipment of data.  For the benchmarking of yt for yt's own
sake, then we do need to test the IO performance.

I think it'd be great to make an in-memory dataset that can then be used
for testing performance.  For example, set up a bunch of refined spheres
and then project/slice/profile/render/halo find?

Sam