[yt-dev] Fwd: [IPython-dev] frontend namespace flattened (major change)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 23:18:45 PDT 2013

Hi Matthew,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI: Since we import from the notebookapp, we will have to change
> eventually, but we don't now since that construction is backwards
> compatible.

Yup, we went through those contortions with a fairly opaque bit of
code precisely so we wouldn't just break everyone's code left and
right.

We try to keep the project moving forward, but we're also very mindful
of the fact that IPyhton's value lies in what others can do with it.
If we just annoy every downstream project all the time, we'd just have
a perfect pearl that nobody would want to touch :)

Cheers,