[yt-dev] Push back 2.6 => YTEP-0008 schedule change PR?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 06:51:09 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I've issued a pull request to change the release schedule of 2.6.

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/ytep/pull-request/18/proposed-change-to-release-schedule-adding/diff

There are two motivations for this -- the first is that I wanted to
get the Boxlib stuff and Cython kD-tree included by 2.6, but I don't
think we will have time between now and July 1 to finish, review and
test these changes.  The other is that in the old release schedule I
was set to be the coordinator for 2.6.1 on August 1st, but I am
somewhat skeptical I'll be able to do so.  So someone else will be set
up to be release coordinator for 2.6 and handle pushing it out on
August 1st.

This would give the entire month of July to finish up Boxlib / Cython
kD-tree, but still retain a 2.5.4 (new) release on July 1, to include
changes since 2.5.3.

Please feel free to click "Approve" on the PR if you are okay with
this, and if you're not, either reply here to leave a comment.