[yt-dev] Proposed: Moving yt from GPLv3 to BSD-like license

Stephen Skory s at skory.us
Fri Jul 12 06:12:15 PDT 2013

Hi all,

as someone who has crossed over to the dark side (i.e. working for the
man), I would say that a more permissive license is a good thing. In
my short time in my new job we have already had discussions about
whether or not we can use certain OS software from a legal standpoint.
I don't think anyone wants to take OS work and sneakily use it or
steal it, but we do want to create proprietary extensions and
enhancements without fear of being forced to release our work.

I think that a switch is a good thing.

--
Stephen Skory
s at skory.us