[yt-dev] Announcing: yt 2.5.4

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 07:01:23 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We're proud to release yt version 2.5.4.  This is a scheduled point
release that includes all bug fixes identified and fixed since the
release of 2.5.3 on June 3.

Additions, changes and bug fixes include:

  * Considerably (10x+) faster kD-tree building for volume rendering
  * System build fix for POSIX systems
  * Fixing domain offsets for halo centers-of-mass
  * Removing some Enzo-specific terminology in the Halo Mass Function
  * Addition of coordinate vectors on volume render
  * Updating RADMC3D export code to support FLASH
  * Pickling fix for extracted regions
  * Addition of some tracer particle annotation functions
  * Better error message for "yt" command
  * Fix for radial vs poloidal fields
  * Piernik 2D data handling fix
  * Fixes for FLASH current redshift

If you are using the stable branch of yt from an installation script,
you can upgrade using "yt update" or "yt update --all" to upgrade your
full dependency stack.  If you are using the development branch, you
may already have these fixes.  A tarball of this release has been
uploaded to the Python Package Index (PyPI).  While originally a 2.5.4
release was not planned, developments for 2.6 have been delayed.  The
next scheduled release will be on August 1, and will be version 2.6.
We are hoping to include a unification of the Boxlib frontends,
compatibility with Python 3 (and embedding inside Blender) and other
usual improvements to the yt codebase.

Documentation for this release can be found at:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/

Thanks very much,

Matt, on behalf of the yt development team