[yt-dev] Testing new AMR kD-tree

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:04:43 PST 2013

Hi all,

Sam's got a PR out for a new AMR kD-tree:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/383/amrkdtree-rewrite-volume-rendering

The idea is to make things more flexible, easier to improve, and
eventually maybe even move it into Cython.  It also includes some
really cool improvements to alpha channel blending and the like.  (He
had a demo in IRC the other day of a plaid background over which he's
volume rendered.)

This needs user-testing.  He has added tests for nose.  I think if we
can get three more "approve" clicks, which I hope will be from
actually having run the code, we can give it an accept.