[yt-dev] data on different AMR levels

Elizabeth Tasker tasker at astro1.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
Wed Jan 16 06:57:51 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm working with Nick Gnedin on looking at the density properties of my galaxy on different AMR levels.

For this, we'd like to grab all the cells on one AMR level, divide them so that they have a fixed cell size and output.

Is there a quick way of doing this in yt?

I *think* the answer will be no, since (for example) covering_grid will grab the best data available to make the mesh, not just the data from a single level. Is that right? We specifically need to avoid interpolation.

If so, probably it's easiest just to grab the cells on one level via:

gridnum = [g for g in pf.h.grids if g.Level == l]

then divide them into the right size. Is there a way of passing a grid to covering_grid to make it a particular size? i.e. something like:

for g in gridnum:
	grid_fixedcellsize = g.covering_grid(......)

Elizabeth