[yt-dev] pmods

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:44:33 PST 2013

Hi Stephen,

My guess is that something is messing up inside the h5t module.  By
importing h5py before yt, you avoid the importing of
hdf5_light_reader.so (and thus the loading of hdf5).  I'd check
importing that module individually.  The way that HDF5 retains error
state means that sometimes errors crop up in funny ways, and I think
in hdf5_light_reader we do very little checking of that before files
get opened and passed around; you may be able to manually pop the
error stack in there.

-Matt