[yt-dev] 2.5 release next Thursday

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:21:52 PST 2013

Hi all,

Here's the timeline for releasing 2.5:

1) Hopefully today the four outstanding PRs will be finished (One of
mine for docs, one of mine for docstrings, Kacper's GDF, and Cameron's
halo PR)
2) I'll merge to stable, tag and push today, thus "releasing" the
code, once those PRs are done
3) I'll upload a tarball to PyPI over the [long] weekend and docs to the website
4) On Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday, John ZuHone will send out an
email to the usual suspects

The slower pace here, from PRs -> tag -> announcement, gives us a
chance to work out any last minute kinks or problems.  Thanks for your
patience!

-Matt