[yt-dev] Thoughts on docs theme?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 07:01:45 PST 2013

Hi all,

I've been working on the docs a bit, and I was wondering if I could
take a pulse of the group on the theme.  I think the fonts are a bit
too big, and that poses a challenge to reading the docs.

http://yt-project.org/docs/2.5/

I have been experimenting with a couple other themes.  I uploaded the
bootstrap theme here:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/

The logo and paragraph symbols aside, I think the fonts look a lot
nicer here, easier to read, easier to skim, etc.

Some particular pages:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/cookbook/simple_plots.html
http://yt-project.org/docs/2.5/cookbook/simple_plots.html

[+-]1 on this theme?  I figure we could maybe make the navbar green to
match the color.

There are a bunch of other themes on pypi.python.org , if you search
"sphinx."  I think I'm just unsatisfied with the information density
and style of the current documentation, so anything could potentially
be an improvement.