[yt-dev] [yt_analysis/yt] Plot window answer tests (issue #505)

Nathan Goldbaum issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Feb 20 14:06:06 PST 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 505: Plot window answer tests
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/505/plot-window-answer-tests

Nathan Goldbaum:

The correctness of many of the plot callbacks and modifications can be easily evaluated by looking at the plot but are difficult to evaluate in an automated, non-visual way.

We should add some tests that create plot window plots, modify them, run callbacks on them, and then save them to disk.  We can then store the old images, which can be verified visually by a human, and then every time the answer tests get run, compare the new plots to the known good plots stored in the answers by doing a bitwise diff or some other automated comparison procedure.

Responsible: ngoldbaum

following the issue.