[yt-dev] Milliparsecs

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 04:13:22 PST 2013

I'm changing my vote to somewhere between -0 and -1.  We will still be
supporting many other implausible units, like centi and nanoparsecs, which
makes this wrinkle seem even more out of place.  I can only see two upsides
to making this change: backward compatibility and difficulty/laziness with
identifying and fixing all the instances of 'mpc' in the code and docs.
 Backward compatibility has already largely been thrown aside for 3.0.
 Other people's reservations have brought me around and I now see the
second upside as not really worth it.