[yt-dev] yt-3.0 now a part of yt repository

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 08:18:41 PST 2013

Hi Matt,

The change you suggested solved the problem of
ad['DarkMatter', 'particle_mass']
and
ad['CenOstriker', 'particle_mass']

However, when I do:
ad['all', 'particle_mass']
I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/Users/britton/Documents/work/yt/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/data_objects/data_containers.py",
line 189, in __getitem__
    self.get_data(f)
  File
"/Users/britton/Documents/work/yt/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/data_objects/data_containers.py",
line 535, in get_data
    particles, self, self._current_chunk)
  File
"/Users/britton/Documents/work/yt/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/geometry/geometry_handler.py",
line 507, in _read_particle_fields
    fields_to_read)
  File
"/Users/britton/Documents/work/yt/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/utilities/io_handler.py",
line 176, in _read_particle_selection
    rv[field_f][my_ind:my_ind + vals.shape[0],...] = vals
ValueError: could not broadcast input array from shape (4851) into shape
(4361)

Additionally, if I do:
ad['io', 'particle_mass']
I get this (which I got before this change as well):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/Users/britton/Documents/work/yt/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/data_objects/data_containers.py",
line 183, in __getitem__
    f = self._determine_fields(key)[0]
  File
"/Users/britton/Documents/work/yt/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/data_objects/data_containers.py",
line 406, in _determine_fields
    raise YTFieldTypeNotFound(ftype)
yt.utilities.exceptions.YTFieldTypeNotFound: Could not find field 'io'.

Britton