[yt-dev] Enzo with inline yt-3.0

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 05:42:50 PST 2013

Hi Brian,

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Brian Crosby <crosby.bd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I’ve been trying to run Enzo with inline yt lately and have encountered a
> strange error when using yt-3.0.  yt is able to load the pf from Enzo, but
> doing much more than that results in the error
>
> AttributeError: 'IOHandlerInMemory' object has no attribute
> '_read_fluid_selection'
>
> (full output and traceback:  http://pastebin.com/TY9EVDWd)
>
> After this Enzo resumes running, but yt will always fail in the same way.
>
> This same error arises when doing anything simple like making slices or
> projections, halo finding, making profiles, etc.  Curiously, this doesn’t
> happen build and run Enzo with either the stable or dev branches of yt, and
> yt-3.0 works just fine when running on its own, either interactively or from
> a simple script independent of Enzo.  The same behavior occurs both locally
> running OSX 10.9 and running on a Linux machine.  Has anyone encountered
> this before, or have a clue to point me in the right direction to sort it
> out?

Ah -- this is a straightforward fix.  The IO handler needs to be
ported to the 3.0 fluid selection.  I can take a shot at this just
after the new year, but you might be able to fix it yourself if you
follow the model of the other IO handlers in yt/frontends/enzo/io.py ,
but using the 'enzo' module to get the data rather than h5py.

-Matt