[yt-dev] Issue #754: Bug when creating timeseries in parallel but not serial in unit refactor (yt_analysis/yt)

Cameron Hummels issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Dec 18 11:14:09 PST 2013

New issue 754: Bug when creating timeseries in parallel but not serial in unit refactor
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/754/bug-when-creating-timeseries-in-parallel

Cameron Hummels:

When I run the following script to create a time series (using the simulation object), it runs fine with a single processor, but it fails when running with multiple processors.  This works fine in yt 2.x, and it appears to be due to a units comparison in the unit refactor.

Script:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/4162/

Success when called:
$ mpirun -np 1 python script.py --parallel

Failure when called:
$ mpirun -np 2 python script.py --parallel

The traceback:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/R9q0swQ0E7z1hbgHyTJl/

I did end up finding a way around this, so it isn't a dire need to have this working, but I thought it might be indicative of some larger problem in the code.

My solution script:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/4163/