[yt-dev] 3.0 Documentation

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 15:34:57 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

Now that the bulk of the development is moving over to the yt-3.0 branch, I
propose we have the yt-3.0 docs available on the website.  Right now, a
yt-3.0 branch exists in the yt-doc repository, but there are very minor
changes in it relative to the yt 2.x documentation.  Unfortunately, there
is no public way to view these documentations aside from downloading the
repository and building locally.  I think by putting the 3.0 docs on the
webpage, it will make it more likely that people contribute docs when they
contribute new code changes, whereas if we wait too long, the codebase may
get considerably out of sync with the docs.

I think this will only require a slight change to the buildbot targets by
Kacper.  What do people think?

Cameron

--
Cameron Hummels