[yt-dev] unitrefactor: enzo metal fields

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 06:10:13 PST 2013

Hi all,

I trying to add the metallicity field back to the enzo frontend and am
wondering what field registry it would be appropriate to put it in.  Anyone
have any thoughts on this?

Additionally, I noticed that the particle field metallicity_fraction
currently has units of Zsun.  As far as I know, this is not correct.  I
believe the field is actually unitless and would have to be divided by
~0.02 to be in units of Zsun.  How can I set this up correctly to make it
aware of these units?

Should I make a "code_metallicity" unit?  This might actually be usable for
the gas metallicity field as well.