[yt-dev] Unit refactor PR

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 07:24:09 PST 2013

One note that Matt forgot to mention.  This PR also includes an
implementation of YTEP-0003 (field renaming):

http://ytep.readthedocs.org/en/latest/YTEPs/YTEP-0003.html

Now all universal fields are named according to the YTEP.  In fact the
entire field system has been completely revamped (and massively simplified
- it's a *big* improvement in my opinion).  Keep that in mind when testing
it out.

For Enzo data the old field names will still be available, but they will
come up in internal code units.  This is an improvement - it was a big pain
to get Enzo data in code units before - but it will probably be confusing
while people adjust their muscle memory to the new field names.

There is a compatibility layer that Matt added to alias the old field names
to the new ones but I'm not very familiar with it so I'll leave it to Matt
to comment on that.

-Nathan