[yt-dev] Proposal: Wind down 2.X development

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 11:47:54 PDT 2013

I'm personally wary of switching because I'm concerned that all of my
scripts are going to break (some of them are broken from previous versions
of 2.2 or 2.3 to the dev version as it is).  I know that this move to
combining 2.x with 3.0 will be better for the developers, but will it be
better for end users?  Or is the idea that the devs switch first, figure
out where everything is broken, and then patch it up before the end users
use it?

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher
Steward Observatory