[yt-dev] Issue #618: Install script fails when compiling with gcc provided by MESA sdk (yt_analysis/yt)

Nathan Goldbaum issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Aug 5 11:02:03 PDT 2013

New issue 618: Install script fails when compiling with gcc provided by MESA sdk
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/618/install-script-fails-when-compiling-with

Nathan Goldbaum:

It seems a lot of people have the gcc provided by the [MESA](http://mesa.sourceforge.net/) sdk in their `$PATH`.  The install script currently fails while trying to compile mysql using this compiler.  I've only seen this on a mac, and while building yt with xcode's gcc still works, it's a bit confusing for new users who aren't familiar with POSIX semantics.

Fixing this will require testing with a MESA install on a mac.  Hopefully there's some way to determine that we're using the MESA sdk compilers so we can either warn users or adjust the defaults automagically.