[yt-dev] Google Hangout of Particle Deposit Fields

Christopher Moody chrisemoody at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 14:26:40 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,
We just held a hangout to discuss particle deposition in yt-3.0. Thank you
Sam, Doug, Britton and Matt for participating!

Here is the summary:

1. data.deposit(pos_array,field_name) can be used from within derived
fields; should work independent of being a patch/octree code.
2. We suggest the (particle_type, 'deposit_' + field_name) syntax. No
'grid' field_type.

I'll be updating the YTEP-0013 shortly with more details.

chris