[yt-dev] When can we turn off serialization by default?

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 08:34:07 PDT 2013

I have a small handful of use cases where it would be nice to save a
serialized projection.  The primary case I'm thinking of is making
projections on a supercomputer and downloading the serialized files locally
to make images.  However, if we're totally rethinking what yt should be
doing on its own with writing files, I am totally in favor of making it an
explicit, opt-in thing.  Is it simple enough to set the serialization
keyword default to False?

In general, performing analysis on supercomputers and then downloading
reduced data to my laptop to make figures is how I do almost everything.