[yt-dev] Fwd: [yt_analysis/yt] annotate_image (issue #430)

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 16:04:17 PDT 2012

Hi all,

So I got a bit ambitious and tried this idea of an ImageArray out, and so
far I really like it.  It is in my fork, and here are the differences:

https://bitbucket.org/samskillman/yt/compare/2c5e5476cd58..yt_analysis/yt:yt

With that in place, I can do the following:

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2738/

This produces these images:
http://i.imgur.com/gdwYJ.png
and
http://i.imgur.com/tADlk.png

And spits out this for the keys/values for the ImageArray.info:
Ray casting100%
Time: 00:00:00
fields ['x']
normal_vector [ 0.15205718  0.91234311 -0.38014296]
north_vector [ 0.06249512  0.37497071  0.92492774]
dataset /media/zz3/scratch/skillman/test_data/DD1701
width (1.5, 1.5, 1.5)
east_vector [-0.98639392  0.16439899  0.        ]
type rendering

This does all of the transposing and y-axis flipping that is necessary to
get back the images that you'd expect.

Anyways, I think I really like it, and I'm happy to PR this in, but even if
you guys don't like it I'm going to use it...a lot.  It does touch a bunch
of the cameras, so some testing should be done.

Nathan: I think this will help push it in the right direction since it will
give the necessary information to the image object returned from the
camera.  A thin wrapper that adds on TFs and such would be great!

Cheers,
Sam