[yt-dev] Fwd: [yt_analysis/yt] show() failure due to IPython API changes (issue #428)

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:36:07 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Anthony Scopatz <scopatz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have added a fix for this in both 2.x & 3.0.  However, I don't have push
> rights
> on 2.x so I simply sent a pull request.  If someone can try it out an report
> that
> it works for them we can go ahead and close issue #428.

Thanks, Anthony!  And I've also added you to the core team.  We still
try to do most big changes through PRs, but for bug fixes like this
(where the impact is relatively small and the fix obvious) direct
pushes are just fine.

> The underlying issue is that IPython has gone to an abstract display model,
> very similar to repr strings but for an interactive environment.  See [1].

This is interesting!  Do you think we could leverage this new
development further?

-Matt