[yt-dev] camera rotation problem

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:48:09 PDT 2012

In my email that's exactly what I tried, getting rid of the rot_vector on
line 17

"I've modified Sam's script to image the entire box, because it's harder to
see the effect if we're looking at a sphere
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/2689/
This script will produce the strange rotation, if the rot_vector is taken
out on line 17, then the rotation about the camera up is recovered.  But
that's not what was done before by yt and not what I wanted."

and I get the video here:
curl -O http://lca.ucsd.edu/~gso/test_movies/no_rot_vector.mpg

the movie above is rotation centered at at the middle of the data, but
around the "up" axis of the camera, not the "z" axis of the data with a
constant azimuthal angle, which rotation USED to do, shown here:

curl -O http://lca.ucsd.edu/~gso/test_movies/Density.avi

From
G.S.