[yt-dev] Grid drawing

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:25:58 PDT 2012

Hi Anthony,

I've gone ahead and merged in changeset 24087b9826d1.  This merge also
overlapped with the na/np changes -- so I had to do a whole bunch of
conflict resolution.  I think I did it correctly, but you can also check
this by inspecting the actual diffs:

hg up 24087b9826d1

# To see differences in 3.0 versus the most recent common ancestor of the
parents
hg diff -r "p1()" -r "ancestor(p1(), p2())" some/file.py
# To see differences between the yt branch and that ancestor
hg diff -r "p2()" -r "ancestor(p1(), p2())" some/file.py

If something looks wrong when you use it next, this is a good way to figure
out what the differences could have been.  (revsets are awesome.)
 Fortunately none of the files I split up into multiple files changed very
much.

Sidenote: this took me a while (nearly all of the episode "The Final
Sacrifice" from season 10), largely because of the na/np stuff touching
other changes, although I am glad we applied that change to both branches
roughly simultaneously.  But, I also discovered you can 1) set options in
vimdiff based on whether you're in diff mode or not, so I conditionally
disabled a couple plugins, and 2) use vimdiff in horizontal mode.  So
those're both good!

-Matt