[yt-dev] Answer Testing is in

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:01:40 PDT 2012

Hi all,

The answer testing pull request I submitted has been accepted by
Nathan.  This is our primary method of testing code frontends.

I've documented how it works and how to contribute here:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/wiki/AnswerTesting

(The pull request, PR 308, has more:
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/308 )

This still needs contributions in two forms:

  1) Port over the old answer tests, which are basically everything
imported in yt/utilities/answer_testing/api.py
  2) Add on datasets for other frontends

Both of these are described in the wiki page I linked to; adding
datasets is considerably easier than writing new tests.  We need:

 * FLASH
 * Orion
 * Nyx

at a bare minimum to be tested in this manner.  Please write back to
the list if you're up for working on this!  I'm updating the buildbots
now to run answer tests on DD0010.  Thanks to Britton and Nathan for
all the feedback on this.