[yt-dev] Matplotlib 1.2

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 12:51:33 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Matplotlib 1.2 isn't released yet, but we had a pull request come in
that depends on it:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/298/changed-streamline-callback/diff

I am inclined to say that we should accept (once the submitter adds
docs and linewraps) but that we should throw an error if the version
is too low, and simply make streamlines inaccessible.  I think the
audience is very small right now, and the window between now and when
we upgrade the dependencies to include 1.2 is short enough, that we
can go ahead and do this.

If you want to signal approval, go hit the "Approve" button.  If you
want to disagree, please reply here!  :)