[yt-dev] 2nd yt workshop

Geoffrey So gsiisg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:55:49 PDT 2012

Got the following email, it's HiPACC soliciting proposals, I thought would
be useful for the workshop.
Thought someone was already looking into it, but just in case.

From
G.S.

Subject: Requests for Proposals Fall '12/Winter '13

Dear Astrophysics faculty, staff and students:

We at the University of California High-Performance AstroComputing Center
(UC-HiPACC) are issuing our biannual Call for Proposals for the Fall
'12/Winter '13
funding period. A goal of HiPACC's small grants program is to support
working groups
of UC scientists from multiple campuses to pursue joint projects in
computational
astrophysics, broadly defined. UC-HiPACC funding can also provide
limited matching
funding for astrocomputer equipment, and provide career-shaping
opportunities for
students in which they learn from leading faculty members, master
skills not taught
on their own campus, line up writers for crucial letters of
recommendation, and form
other contacts and alliances that can powerfully shape their future careers.
[https://mail.google.com/mail/u/2/images/cleardot.gif]

The online application is open. Please go
tohttp://hipacc.ucsc.edu/RFP_Fall2012.html for more information on the
Call for
Proposals.

Following instructions in the above site, proposers may apply for funding in
categories 1-4 (small travel grants, working group grants, matching grants for
astrocomputing equipment purchases, innovative initiative grants).
Applications may
also be submitted for the funding of Undergraduate Summer
Astrocomputing Projects.

The deadline for applications is November 9, 2012. Applications will
not be accepted
after this date. Every effort will be made to notify applicants by December 13,
2012.

Please remember that if you have previously received UC-HiPACC funds, you must
include a report with your application which documents the benefits that were
realized.

If you have any questions about the application process, do not
hesitate to contact
us at hipacc at ucsc.edu
<https://physics-mail.ucsd.edu/iceblue/src/compose.php?send_to=hipacc%40ucsc.edu>
<mailto:hipacc at ucsc.edu
<https://physics-mail.ucsd.edu/iceblue/src/compose.php?send_to=hipacc@ucsc.edu>
>. Please forward this announcement to
anyone in astrophysics from UC or DOE labs who may be interested.

Best regards,

Joel Primack, UC-HiPACC Director