[yt-dev] Release 2.5?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:26:06 PDT 2012

Hey Britton,

No worries about asking again -- there are currently two types of
tests.  One is nascent, and only a handful exist (although many
libraries have many thousands) and that's unit testing.  That's
primarily what Sam and everyone else are talking about, although
"testing" also includes Answer Testing, which is currently running
every 30 minutes or so on my machine.  We want to supplement answer
testing with much smaller, more contained unit testing.  Answer
testing is the same thing you and I worked on about a year ago, and
it's also what we use for Enzo.  (That was the subject of the ticket,
although now it needs to be extended.)

But, we now want to add on very tiny, unit tests that do not require
either a reference answer that's externally available or a lot of time
to run the tests.  So for instance, this would be the new
interpolation tests and so on.

-Matt