[yt-dev] Issue tracking with JIRA?

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 00:02:21 PDT 2012

Hi all,

The recent bitbucket update called my attention to JIRA, another
Atlassian product.  If you've never heard of it, this video gives a good
summary of what it does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvEudE4WWA

JIRA is integrated with bitbucket so it should be straightforward to
connect it with our repositories and issue tracking system. Seeing as
how we're going to transition to yt-3.0, which hopefully means that a
lot will be getting done, this will hopefully help keep us organized and
track progress.

We should qualify for a free open source license:
http://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request

Thoughts?

-Nathan